Friday, May 21, 2010

A week at home

This week has passed by very quickly. After the initial flurry of visitors on Saturday and Sunday, I have got the time to settle down at home, so that Amma and Appa can figure out my schedule and adjust accordingly. So here is my schedule give and take a half hour to an hour: 6a-8a - play, 8-9 feed and take a short nap, 9-11 - play, have bath, feed. 11-3 - take a longish nap. 3-4 feed and complete the long nap. 4-8 - play, have massage, feed. 8-4 - sleep with maybe one or two feeds in the middle of the night depending on how hungry I feel. 4-6 - feed and complete my night sleep to be ready and awake to play again :-) Ofcourse changing diapers happens very often during the day.

I have started exploring my fingers, palms, hands and enjoy tasting them. Am making nice smacking noises. Some people think it is because I am hungry, but actually I do it just for fun and because it helps me get familiar with my hands....they are so cool, i can use them to push things, hold things, grab etc. I am still learning how to hold something and bring it closer to me like me favorite rattle and toy hyena, but I am not yet there. I grab some parts of the toys, but they slip through my small hands. I have also started to put my fingers around the feeding bottle. Just to feel that I am holding it. Amma and Appa also think that I do some really cool poses with my hands. Amma is going crazy taking pictures!

Another thing I can do now is to roll from my tummy to my back at times. I did that a few times, but my head is still not fully stable, so I sometimes go "dong" on my head and someone always try to be around when I do that so that I do not get hurt. I am also listening to a lot of songs, I love when Amma sings - biggy biggy bump bump, and dhire se aaja ri akhiyan mein. For the first song I smile a lot, and for the second I go to sleep :-) I am also listening to other songs and I am sure there will be more favorites coming along. Appa has been a bit busy at work, but he plays with me every morning.

What else has happened.... life goes by so quickly when you are a 5 month old, and every day is such a new day and full of adventures that one tends to forget what happened :-) So long for the next post. Bye! Oh and check my photos link, i have some new ones....

No comments: