Sunday, June 6, 2010

Smiles and giggles

Lots has happened since the last post. I have started smiling, giggling, and kicking my arms and legs to express my excitement, happiness, joy whenever I feel so. Sometimes I feel that way when someone is talking to me, showing me a toy, or singing a song and at other times I feel that way for reasons that amma and appa do not understand :-) And I do not have words to explain it to them yet. So it will remain a mystery and sometimes that is okay. Not everything has to be connected to a reason/cause. Amma says I look totally gleeful when I am doing this.

I also am beginning to recognize specific toys - a fish rattle, whoozit, and the yellow-orange rattle and try to grab them, hold them tightly, and taste them (yes!) when they are close to me. Right now I am in drool phase. Love drooling and tasting everything that is around me. That includes my fingers, anyone else's fingers that I can get hold of, handkerchiefs, pieces of cloth, toys, and anything else that comes my way. I am also beginning to hold the bottle when I am being fed and sometimes playing with it is more fun than feeding :-)

Oh, one thing that both amma and appa like is me doing pbthbthth with my mouth/lips. It's real fun and I do it quite often. I have also started making sounds like - awww, yah, agoo, gaw, etc etc. My neck is getting a lot of exercise these days because there is so much to look around, i keep looking from left to right, right to left, left to right. And I watch very very carefully when Amma sings Insy Weensy (in English and Tamil) with her fingers. Love watching her fingers move.

I also love to touch amma and appa's face when they bring it close to me. I grab their nose, their cheeks and try to bring it close to me so I can taste it. But so far I have not been able to. [Amma's note - Definitely not giving her my fingers or nose to taste....although I must say it is a wonderful feeling to have Nidhi explore my face with her fingers.... A baby's gentle firm touch :)]

Well that is all for now from me. Till the next update.

No comments: