Friday, June 18, 2010

My mommy's birthday

Today is my mommy's birthday and so this post. She says today has been the best birthday of her life, because of my toothless smiles, giggles, and grins which I give her whenever she talks to me. And that is how the day started today for her, like the other days. I recognize her these days very well and follow her movements a lot. Whenever she is talking to me or playing with me I love it and I smile, giggle, and grin. Of course she has been trying to capture that grin using the camera, but who said I will grin for the camera :-) For now, I just stare at the camera!

I have been doing lots of new things lately. I have started eating multigrain porridge and I love it. Sridhar mama has been here this whole week and I am having a lot of fun with him. One more person to play with. I have started recognizing some people on my daily evening walk with Amma. I am also reaching out for toys, grabbing them, and bringing them to my mouth, so much so that I want to hold one toy in both my hands. I am also making new sounds to show that I want to be lifted, held, taken from one room to another and so on. Well that is my way of communicating you see.

Amma and Appa are also seeing my mischievous and loud side and I have gotten many new names in addition to Nidhi - drool baby, giggles, chu-chu queen, jerry (from tom and jerry), nibbles (jerry's cousin who loves to eat anything and everything), little mesmerizer, and many more that I cant seem to remember because Amma and Appa just make them up spontaneously as and when they are cuddling me.

Alright, I am off to sleep after that last meal and this post.

1 comment:

Melli said...

Hi Nidhi,

Thanks for updating us on your activities. I hope you keep it up!

Do wish your Mom a very happy birthday from me!

Melli